SAP Business One has a master data or document duplication feature. This applies to all users. But what if certain users should not be given access to duplicate master data or documents? Can this be done?
SAP Business One allows you to authorize duplicating documents and records only to certain users.
To set duplication authorization for users, follow these steps:
- On the main menu of SAP Business One, select the menu System Initialization > Authorizations > General Authorizations.
- The Authorizations menu will appear.
- On the Users tab, select the user for whom authorization will be set for duplicating master data or documents.
- In the Subject column, select General > Duplicate Documents and Records.
- Set authorization to “Full Authorization” for users who can duplicate master data or documents and set authorization to “No Authorization” for users who cannot duplicate master data or documents. In this example, the user has authorization can’t to duplicate master data or documents.
- Click the Update button.
- Users who are set to not have authorization cannot duplicate master data or documents.
*Note: Available in SAP Business One 10.0 FP 2008 and SAP Business One 10.0 FP 2008, version for SAP HANA