Not all employees can have permission to view price information on the Inventory Posting List due to company security reasons. Then how can we give access to certain users? can it do that?
Certainly can! SAP Business One has a special authorization function to specify which users can view the after-discount prices on the Inventory Posting List.
To authorize the user to see the price after the discount on the Inventory Posting List, follow these steps:
- On the main menu of SAP Business One, select the menu System Initialization > Authorizations > General Authorizations.
- The Authorizations menu will appear.
- On the Users tab, select the user to whom authorization will be set so that they can see the price after the discount on the Inventory Posting List.
- In the Subject column, select Inventory > Inventory Reports > Inventory Posting List.
- Authorization is separated into 3 parts, namely Purchasing, Sales, and Inventory documents.
- Set the authorization to “Full Authorization” on the document where you want to display the price after the discount. In this example, the user has authorization to see the price after discount only for Purchasing and Inventory documents.
- Click the Update button.
- When generating a report, the amounts associated with the Purchasing and Inventory documents under the ” Price after Discount” column are hidden by using an asterisk (****).