When using bills of material, there are times when it is necessary to change a component in all bills of material because the component is no longer used for production.
If the component changes apply to all or some finish goods, then the changes can be done at once rather than one at a time, with the following steps:
In this illustration, the example is changing the C00007 (3 TB Hard Disk) component to C00013 (1 TB disk for external HD).
- Go to Main Menu → Production → Bill od Material – Component Management
- Select BOM Lines – Fill code item component which wants to change, for this example is C00007
- Replacement BOM component – Fill code item component with the replacement code, for this example is C00013
- Klik ‘OK’ and it will be shown all BOMs with which have component item C00007
- On ‘Selected’ column, tick on all FGs with the component which wants to change, then click ‘OK’
- Go to Bill Of Material, there are component C00007 have changed with component C00013.