SAP Indonesia in its business journey in Indonesia so far, began to look at the market share of Small and Medium companies, considering that according to data released by the Ministry of Cooperatives and SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) RI (Republic of Indonesia) reported that in terms of units, MSME (Micro Small Business) Medium) has a share of around 99.99% (62.9 million units) of the total number of business operators in Indonesia (up to the 2017 period), while large businesses are only 0.01% or around 5400 units.
Of the 62.9 million companies, the composition consists of 62,106,900 Micro companies, 757,090 Small companies and 58,627 Medium-sized companies.
The name SAP Indonesia may already be familiar to business people in Indonesia, especially for large and multinational companies. But what is SAP? And why is SAP Indonesia so famous and widely used by businesses in Indonesia and around the world?
What are ERP and SAP?
ERP (which stands for Enterprise Resource Planning) is a term for an integrated system created by the company to support the daily business operations of the company by integrating all parts / departments that exist in the company so that all parts / departments can work together effectively and efficient in achieving company objectives or targets.
SAP is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) software. SAP ERP was developed by SAP AG which is a German company and the largest software company in Europe and also one of the largest in the world, especially in the world of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) applications.
SAP stands for Systeme, Andwendungen, Produkte in der Datenverarbeitung, or if translated into English will be Systems, Applications and Products in data processing.
Based on data as of April 2020, the number of companies that use a variety of SAP products throughout the world has reached 440,000 companies in 180 countries. The latest update can be obtained at
SAP Business One solution from SAP Indonesia for Small and Medium Enterprises
Initially, SAP system users in Indonesia and globally were only large companies and conglomerates or commonly called Enterprise. By looking at small to medium size companies whose composition is bigger than big companies, SAP then targets this market with an ERP product called SAP Business One.
SAP Business One was introduced by SAP in Indonesia around 2005, but it was only 3 years after that SAP Business One began to be widely known by Indonesian small and medium businesses. Users of SAP Business One products based on official data from the SAP website as of May 29, 2018 worldwide have already exceeded 60,000 companies. Here is the official explanation from SAP Global
What is SAP Business One?
SAP Business One is a business management software (ERP) designed for small and medium-sized businesses (SAP SE). As an SAP Indonesia solution, this ERP system also has the same goal as the ERP solution provided by SAP Indonesia for large-scale companies, which is to help companies automate key business functions in Finance, Sales & Business Opportunities, Purchasing & Supply Chain, Production Planning & Control Inventory, Project Management, and Business Intelligence & Analysis.
What does SAP Business One do?
With SAP Business One from SAP Indonesia, all business processes in a company are connected to one another, and are in one continuous system and data. Thus the company will get.
- Financial Management Automate accounting tasks and conduct financial / banking activities with one ERP solution. To further integrate financial operations with other business processes to accelerate transactions and improve cash flow.
- Sales and Customer Management Manage / manage the entire sales process and customer status efficiently. So you can get an integrated view of your prospects and customers so you can better understand, understand and meet their needs.
- Purchasing and Inventory Control Provides access to accurate insights about incoming and outgoing shipments, item inventory levels, and item locations. Get real-time information, valuations, availability and price impact reports.
- Production Manage the formula of finished goods, calculate raw material requirements, calculate detailed production costs for each item, so that you can find out the cost of finished goods more accurately, including if there are resources needed (other than material).
What are the benefits of using SAP Business One?
With SAP Business One, all business processes in a company are connected to one another, and are in one continuous system and data. Thus the company will get.
- An integrated system that reduces data input errors from data entry
- Consistent data, integrated between one department with another department
- Standardization of Operational Systems and Procedures
- Improve monitoring and control functions, because real-time data is available
- Reduce costs because it can analyze needs better
- With available data, accurate and fast so that it can reduce the time for reconciliation to be shorter, and it will be more useful to analyze the data that is already available
- With accurate and fast data, companies can respond more effectively to changes in the market or customers quickly
Who are SAP Users in Indonesia?
Following are a small sample of users from SAP Indonesia who use SAP Business One Products
Retail Industry (Fashion) – Planet Surf (PT. Planet Selancar Mandiri), here is a video testimonial
Manufacturing Industry (Pharmacy) – Cap Lang (PT. Eagle Indo Pharma), here is a testimonial video
Manufacturing Industry (Automotive) – Bando (PT Bando Indonesia), here is a video testimonial
For the most updated SAP Business One users in Indonesia, please https://www.sterling-team.com/clients
- Retail Industry (Fashion) – Planet Surf (PT. Planet Selancar Mandiri), here is a video testimonial
Thus the information about SAP Indonesia and SAP Business One Products for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs), complete with its benefits that can be useful in helping management in making decisions and your company’s operations.
For more detailed information about SAP Business One products, please contact us PT. Sterling Tulus Cemerlang, as SAP Gold Partner https://www.sterling-team.com and more information about SAP Business One, you can see at https://www.sterling-team.com/sap-business-one/