In HANA database, user SYSTEM is created automatically when you install it. User SYSTEM is the most powerful user in HANA database, so you don’t want to give it to your IT staff carelessly.
For your information, do not use the SYSTEM user for day-to-day activities. Instead, use this user to create dedicated database users for administrative tasks and to assign privileges to these users. It is recommended that you then deactivate the SYSTEM user, but first you must create another one.
Now, you can create additional database user in HANA for purposes like create queries, procedures, or function using this step by step:
- In HANA Studio, right click on your System, expand it, find “Security” folder, and expand it.
- Right click on Users, choose “New User”
- On New User window, fill in necessary field, such as username, password, valid from, and valid until.
- On Object Privilege Tab, click “+” button to add which database object(s) you want to grant access to this new user. Database object(s) means database schema, tables, views.In this step, you can grant what kind of operation in selected object(s) to this new user, such as SELECT, CREATE ANY, EXECUTE, etc.
- You can click deploy button (F8) to create this new user if you’re done in step 4